You are here:
A range of learning experiences covering nine topics is presented in this section. The nine topics are:
- Our natural environment Te taiao
- Stick games Tī rākau
- Hand games Tākaro ā-ringa
- String games Whai
- Games and pastimes Ngā mahi a te rēhia
- Poi activities Ngā mahi poi
- Music and movement Te kori me te puoro
- Voice and movement Te reo kori me te nekehanga
- Reflecting on te ao kori Te āta whakaaroaro i te ao kori
Teachers should select the experiences that will best meet students' learning needs. Some of the learning experiences are stand alone while others may need to be linked.
Using this section of the website
The topics are shown in the navigation bar on the left-hand side of the screen.
Click on a topic to find out about:
- The whakapapa (history and protocols) of the topic
- the tikanga associated with the topic
- te reo Māori vocabulary that is relevant to the teaching of learning experiences.
Under each topic several learning experiences are shown in the navigation bar.
Click on a learning experience to see:
- the intended outcome(s) and references to curriculum documents
- the suggested approach, which could be adapted according to the level the students are working at.
Back to top ^