You are here:
- Home »
- Professional learning support
Professional learning support
Check out the professional subject associations and the Ministry of Education related agencies that can provide teachers, parents, and students with subject specific information and professional learning support for Health Education, Physical Education, and Home Economics.
Professional subject association links
The following professional associations can provide teacher and student support for health education, physical education, and home economics, both in content knowledge and pedagogy and through resource materials suitable for teaching and learning programmes.
- Education Outdoors New Zealand (EONZ)
- NZ Health Education Association (NZHEA)
- Physical Education New Zealand (PENZ)
- Home Economics and Technology Teachers Association of NZ (HETTANZ)
- Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand
The following agencies and websites support the learning area of Health and Physical Education through providing research, resource catalogues, reports, and information to support effective pedagogy and 21C learners.
- Ministry of Education
- NZ Council of Educational research (NZCER) is an independent educational research organisation. We conduct research and provide research-based knowledge, advice, products, and services to everyone with an interest in education.
- Education Council – The Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand is the professional and regulatory body for teachers. Its purpose is to provide professional leadership in teaching and to contribute to safe, high quality teaching and learning environments for learners.
- Education Review Office (ERO) reviews schools and early childhood education services, and publishes national reports on current education practice. The following reports are of particular interest to the learning area of Health and Physical Education: